How To Prevent Dry Eyes from Aging?Dry eyes are one of the most common problems among seniors as they age. With age, our eyes and body are undergoing a variety of changes. Decreased cardiac function results in decreased micro-circulation which leads to poor supply of blood and nutrients to the eye. If dry eye is left untreated, the cornea can develop ulcers as well as other severe eye problems.
- Watery Eyes- Ironically, dry eyes can cause watery eyes because the body senses the amount of fewer tears which triggers the brain to produce reflex tears (excessive watery tearing). This excessive tearing however does not lubricate your eyes it only makes the problem worse.
- Menopause- Hot flashes, insomnia, vaginal dryness, mood swings, fatigue, headaches are all associated with menopause. However, more than 60% of women experiencing these symptoms also experience dry eyes. Women at this stage are also vulnerable in developing autoimmune diseases like Sjogren’s syndrome; Rheumatoid Arthritis (see section under TheraLife Eye Enhanced – Autoimmune Dry Eyes.)
- Tear Production- As we age, our eyes naturally slow down the tear production process. Tears are a major protective agent for the eyes. Tears not only wash away dust from our eyes, but also soothe our eyes, provide oxygen and nutrients to the cornea, as well as help defend against eye infections by removing microorganisms that can form communities in our eyes.
- Medications- Medications can cause dry eye. This includes some medications, antidepressants, antihistamines, muscle relaxants, sleeping pills, and pain relievers. Natural therapy sometimes tends to be a more balanced approach to aging diseases.
- Caffeine in foods- Coffee, tea, sodas and chocolates are some of our everyday indulgences that contain caffeine. Caffeine causes blood vessels to constrict which results in decreased circulation, cause insomnia, and a variety of health issues. Try avoiding these foods and drinks if possible as caffeine is known to dehydrate the body.
- Computer use- Internet allows us to connect with the outside world. Sitting in front of the computer for extended periods of time can significantly dry your eyes out. Remember to blink more often.
Prevention Measures as You AgeWe strongly recommend the following things you can do to help prevent and relieve the severe symptoms of Dry Eye, regardless of your age. Here are a few examples:
- Drink Water- At least 8 glasses a day. Water is a great source to keep your body hydrated, especially if you live in dry, hot or cold climates.
- Humidifiers- Either in your central heating system or individual rooms inside your home can bring moisture into the air, especially if you live in a dry location, or during winter when there is less moisture in the air.
- Natural Supplements- Omega-3’s (especially fish oil) and Omega 6’s is a great way to help you thicken your tears and decrease your dry eye symptoms. For women, adding Primrose Oil to Fish Oil can also help with hormone balance.
Tear Secretion Glands, Tear Composition and Eye Structure:untreated can lead to cornea damage and blindnes.
Tear composition is very complex. It has been analyzed to contain over 300 components. All key components, mucin, lipids, proteins, and fluids must be balanced and sustainable in order to provide eye protection and comfort. Deficiencies in any of the components will produce poor quality tears that evaporate too rapidly and cause dry eyes. Severe dry eye conditions.How Severe is your dry eye?
Tests that your doctor will do to determine the extent of your dry eye include but not limited to measuring tear volume, tear viscosity, fluorescent staining and examination. Knowing the values of tear volume and tear viscosity in particular help determine the extent and severity of your dry eye conditions.
What are the treatments for dry eye?
Typical treatments for dry eyes include eye drops, punctal plugs, cauterization of tear ducks, prescription eye drops, and nutritional supplements consists of high doses of omega 3, vitamins, and oils. Each approach has its advantages and drawbacks. The most common being frequent us of eye drops which wash away the mucin, lipids and proteins that protect the eye, making dry eye worse. High doses of oily supplement provide thickness to the tear but do not address the lack of tear volume.
New Approach to Dry Eye Relief:
What we need is an approach to stimulate and restores tear glands to secrete balanced, sustainable quality tears systemically. New research has shown that a blend of specific herbs, vitamins, and minerals can stimulate mitocondrial DNA synthesis in tear secretion glands and restore normal cellular functions to relief dry eye. More details of this research will be discussed during the presentation.
How can TheraLife Eye Help?
To learn more about Chronic Dry Eye Treatments, please go to: https://www.theralife.com/eye-enhanced/
Visit TheraLife’s online store at: click here
Want to talk to a doctor: Call toll free 1-877-917-1989 USA
International (650) 949-6080
Follow us on twitter.com/theralife and facebook
email inquiries to: email@example.com