The Paleo diet is designed for people with autoimmune disorders, such as Hashimoto's Thyroiditis., Sjogren's Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus and more.
It is not easy trying to stay on this diet because you are not allowed any diary, nuts, gluten, preservatives. It is totally different way of living.
For those who want to try, please consult your physician.
However, it maybe worth a try if you do have autoimmune disorders.
- Eggs (especially the whites)
- Seeds (including cocoa, coffee and seed-based spices)
- Nightshades - because they contain azo dyes which some people are sensitive to. eg potatoes, tomatoes, eggplants, sweet and hot peppers, cayenne, red pepper, tomatillos, goji berries etc. and spices derived from peppers, including paprika
- Potential Gluten Cross-Reactive Foods
- Fructose consumption in excess of 20g per day
- NSAIDS (like aspirin or ibuprofen)
- Non-nutritive sweeteners (use honey, maple syrup instead)
- Emulsifiers, thickeners, and other food additives
- organ meat and offal (aim for 5 times per week, the more the better)
- fish and shellfish (wild is best, but farmed is fine) (aim for at least 3 times per week, the more the better)–
- vegetables of all kinds, as much variety as possible and the whole rainbow, aim for 8-14 cups per day
- Green vegetables
- Colorful vegetables and fruit (red, purple, blue, yellow, orange, white)
- Cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, cabbage, kale, turnips, arugula, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, watercress, mustard greens, etc.)
- Sea vegetables (excluding algae like chlorella and spirulina which are immune stimulators)
- quality meats (grass-fed, pasture-raised, wild as much as possible) (poultry in moderation due to high omega-6 content unless you are eating a ton of fish)
- quality fats (pasture-raised/grass-fed animal fats [rendered or as part of your meat], fatty fish, olive, avocado, coconut, palm [not palm kernel])
- fruit (keeping fructose intake between 10g and 20 g daily)
- probiotic foods (fermented vegetables or fruit, kombucha, water kefir, coconut milk kefir, coconut milk yogurt, supplements)–read about them here and here.
- glycine-rich foods (anything with connective tissue, joints or skin, organ meat, and bone broth
This is a patent protected formula to relief dry eyes and regulate the immune system to reduce flares.
For more information click here
Go to shopping cart
Call and talk to a doctor toll free 1-877-917-1989 US / Canada
Follow us at twitter and facebook