Spring is here and many of us are bothered by allergies, watery eyes, runny nose, headaches. If you have dry eyes, you may experience worse symptoms.
For those already on TheraLife Eye, take additional capsules, TheraLife Eye has ingredients to combat mild to moderate allergies. If needed, take either Claritin or Zertac- these are longer acting but less drying than the conventional anti-histmaines like Sudafed.
About 30 -50% of the people who live in United States have allergy symptoms. Nearly 75 % of those allergy symptoms affect the eyes. In other parts of the world where the weather is dry, dusty and pollution is high, this statistics may even be higher. Allergies can trigger other problems, such as conjunctivitis -pink eye(see section on red eyes) and asthma.
Symptoms of Dry Eyes and Allergy are often confused due to their similarities. For patients with existing dry eye conditions, allergies during spring and fall where pollen count is high become even more severe.
Some of the common symptoms are:
- Red, swollen or itchy eyes – similar to dry eye symptoms
- Runny nose; sneezing; coughing
- Itchy nose, mouth or throat
- Headache from sinus congestion
- Fatigue from lack of sleep.
TheraLifeâ Eye Enhanced has natural botanical ingredients that relieve both Dry Eyes and Allergy Eyes.
Causes of Allergy Dry EyesMost allergens (agents that elicit allergy symptoms) are airborne. They come in contact with your eyes and nose. Airborne allergens include pollen, mold, dust and pet dander (cats and dogs in particular). Some allergens like dust mites are embedded into carpets, drapery, bedding and window visors. In that case, the allergens are triggering allergy and dry eyes all year round.
Conventional Treatments for Allergy Dry Eyes:
- The most common treatment for allergy is anti-histamines for quick relief. However anti-histamines cause dehydration, sleepiness, sometimes dizziness, and often are the causes for Dry Eyes.
eye drops-, which constricts blood vessels in your eye to take the red
out. Long-term use can cause your eyes to become dependent on these eye
drops, and when you stop, the blood vessels become even larger, making
red eyes worse.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drops can sooth
allergy eyes (e.g. Patanol). Its effect is longer term than
anti-histamines. It is effective in treating allergy eyes, but not dry
- Prescription steroidal eye drops provide quick relief. However, long term use have been associated with side effects such as increased inner eye pressure(intraocular pressure) leading to glaucoma and damage to optic nerve. Steroids also have been known to cause cataracts. Prescription steroid eye drops are normally used for very severe cases and no longer than one month.
1. TheraLife Eye Enhanced?
TheraLife Eye Enhanced is an all-natural botanical product that does not have some of the side effects of anti-histamines (dehydration, dizziness, fatigue and Dry Eyes) or drugs. TheraLifeâ Eye Enhanced has ingredients that relieve symptoms of Allergy Eyes as well as Dry Eyes. For more information, see TheraLifeâ Dry Eye Benefits below:
2. Allergy medications- we recommend Claritin – a mast cell stabilizer.
3. Use a Hepa filter air cleaner
4. Leave outer clothing and shoes outside before coming into the house to avoid tracking allergens indoors.
DO NOT USE ANTIHISTAMINES – e.g. Benydryl, Claritin D
For additional information; please visit National Eye Institute: nei.gov/
To learn more
Visit Our Store. Scroll down to see all the selections.
Call and talk to a doctor toll free 1-877-917-1989 US & Canada
International (650) 949-6080
Follow us on twitter