Winter, Snow, Dry Heat - My Eyes are So Dry, They Hurt!
For some people, this only happens in the winter when hot air furnaces and heaters are turned on. The heaters create hot, dry air movement that allows tears to evaporate quickly. Sometimes, increased water intake and the use of artificial tears do not seem to help. How annoying!
Low temperature during winter months also cause lower moisture in the air, further exacerbates dry eye symptoms.
For those who already have dry eyes, the dry eye condition seems to be worse as soon as the heat is on at home or at work.
What Can I Do to Relief Winter Dry Eyes?
1. Use a humidifier in the central heating system – this will require frequent cleaning to ensure bacteria and other organisms do not grow in the water reservoir.
2. Use a humidifier near your desk or inside an office
3. Drink at least 8 glasses of water.
4. Sit away from a hot air vent
5. Do not use artificial tears often, it will only make your eyes feel drier. Artificial tears tend to wash away the key tear thickening components -mucin and lipids and make your tear evaporate easier.
6.. Try TheraLife Eye Enhanced to help stimulate and produce tears naturally from your own eyes.
7. For those who already have dry eyes and are already taking TheraLife Eye Enhanced, increase dosage during winter months for relief! You can decrease the dosage again when spring comes in March when moisture content in the air increases.
To learn more: click here
Watch a video
Want to talk to a doctor
Call Toll Free 1-877-917-1989 US & Canada
International (650) 949-6080
Send inquiries to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us at twitter and facebook